Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: LCD TV

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LCD TV

    Yeah I was reading some stats, I cant remember the percentage but an absurd amount either never get HD programming or believe they are already watching in high def when they arent.

  2. #12
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: LCD TV

    Are you going to be playing video games on it? NO VIDEO GAMES
    Are you going to want something futuristic to get the best out of it if you buy a blu-ray or hd-dvd player? maybe a hd-dvd player
    What kind of room is it going in, a room with sunlight shinning on the television? NO SUNLIGHT
    Do you plan on running cable to it or satellite, and if cable, would you prefer to keep your cable box if you have one, or get rid of the cable box? I have DISH

  3. #13
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LCD TV

    to kind of put everything in simple straight terms, I found this that kind of explains everything.

    " It is the same reason most HDTVs don't excel with cable, but no one tells the consumer about it. Except me :-)

    It's the technology. The manufacturers build this stuff to be excellent on the high end but the fall out of the high end is that sometimes the way most people watch their TV (on the low end) is overshadowed by these remarkable HD images. This is more true with the sales and marketing side of the business. Yes, your TV looks good with a DVD or HD image but how often do you watch that type of programming?

    What I mean by all of this is that these televisions are built to show a picture in great detail but when a lower resolution (480i or analog) is displayed the blemishes are magnified because the TV is made to show the better images. With old analog tube televisions you wouldn't notice this as much because the TVs weren't as detailed.

    I will compare this to a blade iron in golf versus a cavity back. A good hit on a blade iron will be much more precise with better spin than an equal hit on a cavity back. However, anything off center on a blade will not respond with the same distance and control as a cavity back. That is by design as blade irons are for the more skilled player.

    Now, I will say that digital tube TVs have great pictures for the most part with cable. However, not many people want a TV that weighs 100 lbs."



    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #14
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: LCD TV

    I just got a LCD TV yesterday, and so far it looks great with cable and DVD, sometimes a cheap made commercial comes on and it doesn't look all that good, but I can live with it.

    The PS3 and blueray movies blew me away once I got a HDMI cable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •